Hello, everyone. Today, I happen to be sick and therefore not in the best of moods. This is augmented by the fact that in P.E., they separate us into boys and girls when we do most sports. When they finally do mix us, the dudes never pass. This isn't helped by the fact that an embarrassing portion of the girls actually live up to the stereotype that causes the guys to hog the ball; that we are all gossip-obsessed snobs that don't know what end of a hockey stick you hold, much less how to use one. Not that that's an issue; if that's what makes them happy, they can go for it. I just think it's unfair that the rest of us girls have to deal with the effects of the actions of only a few of us. Oh, hey; that reminds me of a funny anecdote I must share. My friend's history teacher actually made the class write a paragraph on how their actions affect others. He did this because he wasn't in school the previous day, and two students actually lit the bathroom on fire. Obviously, that isn't a nice state to find your school in after you return from an absence of one day, no more. For us children that were actually there, we were treated (or punished, depending on your class) to a break from second period, in which we went outside, following fire protocol. Most of us could actually smell the smoke and see the fire truck as it drove on campus to extinguish our bathroom conflagration. Honestly, I understand that school isn't all puppies and roses, but seriously‽ Setting a bathroom on fire‽ The students have not returned to school since, to my knowledge.
By the way, the unconventional punctuation you saw in the penultimate sentence of the last paragraph is called an interrobang, and it combines the functions of an exclamation point and a question mark. Although this piece of punctuation has something akin to a fan following, I think it's only useful for informal writing on forums like this one. However, it certainly performs its job admirably, and its unusualness makes reading it an experience in itself, emphasizing the meaning of the sentence after which it appears. I give the interrobang an 8/10; would recommend.
And now, Candies, I must depart. The full evils of the common cold are starting to descend upon my being now.
So I learn one more word. Interobang
ReplyDeleteAh man, they lit the bathroom on fire? That’s a bit much. I’ve never liked PE and I go to a girls school now so I can’t relate on playing sports with them anymore. I hate PE also, it’s one of those lessons where my comfortableness goes down to 0, depending on the game though I’m actually alright.
ReplyDeleteLiked this post :-) x
shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk
I know, right‽ Setting a bathroom on fire‽ The sad thing is that they had to get a bathroom pass before they did it; if you're going to destroy property, can't you at least do it right‽
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment and for liking this post; loved your blog too!
-Nandy
nandythecandy.blogspot.com
Interrobang. Bang on!!!
ReplyDelete